"In golf, customs of etiquette and decorum are just as important as rules governing play." It is appropriate for spectators to applaud successful strokes, but in order to secure the spirit of the game, we ask parents and spectators to please adhere to the following guidelines: (Please note that if a breach of any of the following guidelines are perceived by an HHJGT Official, the player may be subject to penalty.)
- Advice is any verbal comment or action that is intended to influence a player in choosing a club, making a stroke, or deciding how to play during a hole or round. In either instance, penalty for breach of this rule is two strokes. Players are responsible for the actions of their relatives and spectators in regards to this rule.
- Advice does not include public information, such as the location of things on the course such as the hole, the putting green, the fairway, penalty areas, bunkers, or another player's ball, the distance from one point to another or the Rules.
- Keeping the above statements in mind, please keep your conversation with the player to words of encouragement.
- Please turn all cell phones to silent while at HHJGT events.
- Spectators are allowed to aid in the search for lost golf balls provided the player wishes to have help finding their ball.
- Spectators should not give rulings, nor should they be involved in this conversation.Please seek the an HHJGT Official.
- if you are unsure of a situation that arises, or encourage the player to play two balls under Rule 20-1(c)
- The HHJGT staff may assess a penalty to the player based on the severity of the spectator violation. If a serious breach has occurred, the spectator may be asked to leave the facility or the spectator may not be permitted to attend another HHJGT event.
- For your personal safety, we ask you exercise caution at all times. When inclement weather moves into the area, the HHJGT will suspend play by sounding one long blast of an air horn. You should seek shelter immediately.
Please Note: Spectator and/or Parental/Relative(s) involvement contrary to the above rules may result in penalty and/or disqualification of the player.
The HHJGT, HHJGT Board of Directors, Volunteers and Host Golf Course Facility are not responsible for any injury, loss, and/or liable for the conduct of any spectator(s) at HHJGT Tournament Competitions.